- -Do you have Foxtel/cable TV?
- Yes, all Pender Lea properties have Foxtel.
- -Can I use my mobile phone at Pender Lea?
- Some mobile phone companies don’t have full reception at Pender Lea. There are phones located in all chalets that will allow you to make local phone calls, and the free Wi-Fi will allow you to access the internet.
- -We don’t like to cook on holidays, what are our options?
- You have 4 restaurants within a few minutes’ drive of Pender Lea. Wild Brumby Distillery and Crackenback Farm Restaurant are just around the corner, or up the road a bit, Lake Crackenback has Alpine Larder and Cuisine. Just 15 minutes away in Jindabyne, there’s a number of restaurants, bars and clubs. See our FOOD & WINE GUIDE for details and directions.
- -We like to cook – what do we need to bring?
- For your comfort and privacy, all our accommodation is self-contained, so you’ll feel right at home. The kitchens include a freestanding stove, dishwasher, microwave, full-size fridge and coffee machine, plus crockery, cutlery, glassware and pans. You just need to bring your food, beverages & condiments. All our properties offer barbeques, and some have fire pits outside. If you require a specific piece of equipment, please ask in advance so we can meet your request in time for your arrival. Please check the specific property for its exact amenities.
- -Where is the closest supermarket?
- Jindabyne has a large Woolworths and a number of specialty shops, ski hire businesses and petrol stations. The shops are a 15 minute drive away.
- -What can I expect as standard inclusions in the properties?
- To make your stay more comfortable, all our properties offer the following inclusions: Firewood, kindling, matches & paper (where required), toilet roll, cleaning products, garbage bags, dishwasher powder, tea towels, doonas, blankets & pillows. Each property is unique, so please check the property’s individual details for specifics, or contact us 02 64562088 and we’ll be happy to help.
- -Do you have laundry facilities?
- Yes, all our accommodation offers laundry and drying facilities.
- -I don’t want to bring my own linen. Can I have it included?
- Yes, certainly! If you choose to have linen included in your stay, you’ll be provided with sheets on all the beds, plus towels and bath mats. If any of the listed king beds need to be made as 2 single beds, please advise us in the additional questions listed on the online booking form.
- -Do I need to bring bed linen & towels?
- So that you can stretch your holiday dollar further, we allow you the option of bringing your own linen. If you prefer to have your beds all made up for your arrival, please ensure you select the linen extra option when booking your holiday on our website. If you’re bringing your own linen, please bring all of these items - sheets for every bed, bath towels, bath mats and tea towels. Due to health and safety regulations, all beds must be made with sheets – no sleeping bags allowed, sorry. Don’t worry, you’ll be nice and warm, as we provide warm and fluffy feather doonas with covers, wool blankets and pillows.
- -What cooking facilities are included in the Pender Lea properties?
- All of our holiday houses & cabins are fully self-contained and include fully-equipped kitchens and laundry facilities, so you won’t need to bring the kitchen sink!
- -Do I need waterproof clothing for snowplay and skiing/boarding?
- Yes, you will need to either bring or hire waterproof clothing for snow activities.
- -What should we pack?
- The weather can turn cold all year round, so it’s best to be prepared for all conditions, no matter when you visit. In winter, the nights can get down to -6 degrees Celsius, and the summer days can be up to 33 degrees Celsius. It’s not uncommon for snow falls out of the winter season (we’ve had 5 White Christmas in the past 8 years!), so always pack a warm layer (or two).
- -Can we bring our dog with us?
- Yes, we are happily pet-friendly. Pender Lea is a great place to bring your best friend – there’s lots of open space and places to explore. We just ask you don’t leave your four-legged friend unattended in the property. If you’re planning on visiting the National Park, he or she will have to stay at Pender Lea. When you need to go out, we offer large deluxe pet enclosures with a generous covered and open section that can be hired on a daily basis for your best friend.
- -Are there any restrictions on what I can do at the property?
- Well we’re not expecting any of our guests to go all rock star on us, but just in case, you’ll be given a copy of the House Rules, that we expect all our guests to abide by when they’re in our holiday homes. If something is damaged you will be expected to pay to fix it.
- -Do I need travel insurance?
- Of course, nobody wants things to go wrong on holiday, but it’s comforting to know that you’re covered if something does happen, or it could end up being a very expensive trip. For this reason, we do recommend you purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance can cover you for accidental damage or breakages while staying at Pender Lea, but you can also be covered for lost luggage, emergency medical rescue, rental car excess and personal liability. For a detailed list of items covered, ask your local travel consultant for a travel insurance brochure.
- -Is there onsite parking for my car?
- Yes, we have plenty of vehicle parking, however no undercover or valet parking is available.
- -What is the Skitube?
- The Skitube is our local underground train. It runs from Bullocks Flat (18km from Jindabye, outside the National Park) to Perisher Valley and on to Blue Cow.
- -How do I get to Pender Lea?
- Pender Lea is nestled at the foot of the NSW Snowy Mountains. We are 5 hours’ drive from Sydney. The best way is to come via Canberra and Cooma, then follow the Kosciuszko Road and turn left onto the Alpine Way after Jindabyne. After about 15 minutes on the Alpine Way, you’ll find Pender Lea on the right hand side. The Post Office and Pender’s Barn are just a little further up the road on the left hand side.
Need our street address?
1056 Alpine Way, Crackenback NSW 2627
Please go to this link for maps and directions.
Before you type the address into your GPS to find Pender Lea… Unfortunately, some GPS devices show Pender Lea being some 300km from where it actually is! We don’t want you to get lost on your way here, so please use the map on our website or the directions above to make sure you find your way easily. If you do use a GPS device, please check the post code is 2627 Crackenback.