Wait a moment – it just takes a few seconds to load. – The booking system shows the first availability.
- We took 3 families to Pender Lea and stayed in the Cottage. It was excellent with 3 double bedrooms, a kids room full of bunks, 4 bathrooms, spa, fireplace, and loads of family areas. The house was well-appointed with every appliance we could ever need. Fire wood was abundant and our hosts were wonderful, leaving the key in the door of the cottage without us having to go to reception at all. The accommodation is perfectly situated only 5 minutes from the ski tube up to Perisher. A great time was had by all, especially our children – living in Papua New Guinea, they had never seen snow before and it was a wonderful experience for them. The schnapz factory 2 minutes up the road towards Jindabyne is also well worth a visit – I recommend the pear.
macandmui 5 September 2011 TRIP ADVISOR
The Cottage Guests 13 | 4 Bedrooms | 4 Bathrooms
Snuggle up in front of the fire, rejuvenate in your own private spa and sauna.
Much larger than the name suggests, The Cottage is an attractive colonial-style property set amongst the tranquil, pure wilderness of the Snowy Mountains. There’s plenty of space to comfortably accommodate a large number of guests without overcrowding, making this popular property the perfect venue for a group holiday or family gathering. Additional accommodation is available in the attached Bedsitter, which sleeps a further two guests and is rented separately.
Sleeps: Up to 13 guests comfortably (+ Bedsitter if required)
Pets: Well behaved pets on request
Enquiries See all Properties
Watch the wild life from the comfort of your living room
Room 1: King Bed x 1 (or 2 singles)
Room 2: Queen Bed x 1
Room 3: Bunk Beds x 2 (sleeps 4)
Room 4: King Bed x 1 (or 2 singles), Single Bed & Bunk Bed (sleep 2)
- Feather topped beds, down doonas, blankets & pillows
- alarm,radio, LCD TV/DVD
- Central Hydronic heating & electric heating
3 Bathrooms + Spa & Sauna Wellness room
Bath 1: Shower, toilet, vanity
Bath 2: Shower, toilet, vanity
Bath 3: Shower/Bath, Toilet, Vanity Wellness Room: Spa, Swedish Sauna, Shower & WC
- Hydronic central heating & heated towel rails
- Hair dryer & toiletries
COOKING & DINING
Large cottage kitchen
- 90cm gas stove & electric oven
- Timber dining table for 8 & a separate table for 5 (great for the kids)
- Espresso machine, kettle, toaster
- Fridge/freezer full sized, microwave & dishwasher
- All kitchen equipment
- All dining settings,cutlery & glassware
RELAXING & ENTERTAINING
Open plan living
- Open wood fireplace, cosy leather sofas, Welsh slate floors
- Spacious open plan living
- Media: LCD TV, DVD, Foxtel, free Wifi, stereo
- Firewood, kindling & paper supplied.
- Mobile Signal: mobile signal is unreliable, Telstra is the best, followed by Optus, sadly Vodafone is poor; however there are Skype phones available
This spacious property features four bedrooms, all with luxurious feather-topped bedding, ideal for that perfect night’s sleep. The master bedroom offers a king-size bed, which can be split into two singles, plus three extra single beds, and an ensuite bathroom. A full-size roll-away bed can also be provided for an additional guest, upon request. There are two other bedrooms, one of which features an ensuite and a king bed which can be split into singles, the other has a queen bed. There’s also a bunk room which offers two pairs of bunk-style beds.Enquiries See All Properties
At the end of an action-packed day, the ideal place to unwind and rest your body is in your own personal relaxation room offering a Finnish sauna, large hydro therarpy spa bath, shower and toilet. Two of the bedrooms feature their own ensuite bathrooms, perfect for guests who want their privacy. There is an additional bathroom available on the first floor which incorporates a shower plus a bath tub.Enquiries See all Properties
COOKING & DINING
The large timber kitchen with granite benchtops provides extensive space for preparing and cooking meals for large groups and comes very well-equipped. The open plan dining room is situated next to the kitchen, which allows friends and family to help, chat and enjoy the dining experience in its entirety while dinner is being prepared. Outside you’ll find a BBQ area and alfresco dining setting available, perfect for outdoor dining during summer. Enjoy sitting under stars and roasting marshmallows around the fire pit – a favourite among our guests.Enquiries See all Properties
RELAXING & ENTERTAINING
After dinner, everyone can sit and relax together on the enormous leather corner sofa and additional two-person sofa, set in front of the lounge room’s open fireplace. Alternatively, you can watch your favourite show on the large flat-screen TV which also comes with video and DVD player, Foxtel and sound system.Enquiries See all Properties
We took 3 families to Pender Lea and stayed in the Cottage. It was excellent with 3 double bedrooms, a kids room full of bunks, 4 bathrooms, spa, fireplace, and loads of family areas. The house was well-appointed with every appliance we could ever need. Fire wood was abundant and our hosts were wonderful, leaving the key in the door of the cottage without us having to go to reception at all. The accommodation is perfectly situated only 5 minutes from the ski tube up to Perisher. A great time was had by all, especially our children – living in Papua New Guinea, they had never seen snow before and it was a wonderful experience for them. The schnapz factory 2 minutes up the road towards Jindabyne is also well worth a visit – I recommend the pear.
Thanks for such a warm house to come back to!!!!!! Also for all the equipment that was already in place. It was a really great holiday and we are hoping to come back next year! Thanks a lot!!!! From, The Vines and the Colebatches
We have all been wondering how many years we have been coming to Pender Lea….do you have any idea? I thought it could have been 13-15 years……we all have a wonderful time and the young ones, who are now parents themselves, want us to continue! Long may it last.
For guests’ comfort, the cottage features hydronic heating and a beautiful open fire place for the chilly months, a laundry and drying room, and copious outdoor parking for everyone staying at the property.
Unfortunately mobile signal is unreliable; however there is a Skype phone for your convenience. The best mobile provider in our area is Telstra followed by Optus. Unfortunately Vodafone’s service is very poor. We also offer all guests free WiFi.
Dogs are welcome to stay in the property, but only when accompanied by guests. If you wish to go out without your dog, you can leave your furry companion at the onsite dog kennels where they’ll be safe until you return.
Arrivals & Departures
- Arrival Time – 3.00 pm onwards
- Departure Time – 10.00 am
All linen, towels, blankets & duvets are supplied by Pender Lea. When you arrive you will find everything ready to go for your perfect holiday.
In summer we tend to find people visit us in smaller groups. So to accommodate our guest’s needs we offer lower occupancy rates to allow for smaller groups to visit. Please check the booking page under Summer Pricing to see how many guests are included in the standard rate. For additional guests please select the linen extra option when booking your holiday on our website.Enquiries See all Properties